The timeless XR650L oozes versatility. Off-road, it eats up the dirt with power, suspension and durability. On-the-road, its light overall weight, electric starter and excellent fuel efficiency make it the perfect commuter, or even for long trips.
At the heart of this bike is an ultra-tough 644cc overhead cam engine with huge torque and power. To keep things simple and easy on maintenance, it’s air-cooled. And the engine’s gear-driven counterbalancer reduces tiring vibrations.
Get all the versatility you need with the XR650L. So whether you’re tackling a monster commute or taking it to the trails, you’ve got it covered.
Electric to Start. Electric to Ride: The XR650L push-button electric starter teams up with an automatic decompression system to make startups a snap. Rocky uphill section? Stop-and-go traffic? You’ll appreciate it everywhere.
Proven Honda Toughness: Dirtbikes need to be tough to survive, and with a sturdy steel frame, simple air-cooling and rugged construction, the XR650L is one of our toughest. Plan on using your XR650L as a commuter? You’ll appreciate its bulletproof reliability even more.
- Steel Frame: The XR650L’s steel frame is designed to handle the intensity of off-road travel. Plus, the frame’s backbone doubles as the engine’s oil tank, saving weight and space.
- Street-Legal Features: Fully equipped for the street. Including, turn signals, license-plate light, mirrors, speedometer and more. There’s even a grab strap and footpegs for a passenger.
- Electric Starter: Adventure is just the push the button away. The XR650L’s electric starter takes all the drama out of restarting off-road, or getting underway on a cold morning or after the bike’s been sitting all week.
- Disc Brakes: Front- and rear-disc brakes provide superior stopping power. Both front and rear disc rotors are drilled for lightness and better wet-weather performance.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: Honda’s Pro-Link® rear suspension system offers compliant and comfortable ride quality with a high level of wheel control. Initial rates are soft for supple action over small bumps and ripples, while increasingly stiffer rates resist bottoming and maintain rear-wheel control over rougher surfaces.
- Four-Stroke Engine: Four-stroke, single-cylinder engine offers good fuel efficiency and a wide powerband. The XR650L’s proven powerplant requires very little maintenance.
- Dry-Sump Lubrication: Dry-sump design keeps the engine compact and eliminates the oil pan for superior ground clearance and damage resistance. With the engine oil in the frame, the frame itself acts like a giant oil cooler.
- Passenger Ready: With a passenger grab strap, folding passenger pegs, a long MX-style seat and plenty of Honda power, the XR650L lets you carry a passenger with ease.
- Sealed Battery: No maintenance hassles here, even in case of an off-road tip over. The sealed battery has plenty of cranking power for the electric starter, and is well protected from the vibrations of off-road riding.
- Long-Travel Front Suspension: With a full 11.6 inches of travel, the air-adjustable 43mm fork also offers 16-position compression damping adjustability, letting you fine-tune it to deal with the bumps of off-road riding.
- 21-Inch Front Wheel: The 21-inch front wheel gives you a wide choice of tire selection for different riding conditions.
- 18-Inch Rear Wheel: 18-inch rear wheel gives you a better overall ride and more sidewall protection against flats, and still offers a wide choice of on- or off-road tires.
- Engine Type: 644cc air-cooled dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 100 mm x 82 mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.3:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; four-valve RFVC™
- Induction: 42.5 mm diaphragm-type CV carburetor
- Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 15T/45T
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: 43 mm air-adjustable axle Showa® cartridge fork with 16-position compression-damping adjustability; 11.6-in. of travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® Showa single-shock with spring-preload, 20-position compression- and 20-position rebound-damping adjustability; 11.0-in. travel
- Front Brake: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single disc
- Front Tire: 3.00-21
- Rear Tire: 4.60-18
- Rake: 27.0 deg.
- Trail: 102 mm (4.0 in.)
- Wheelbase: 57.3 in.
- Seat Height: 37.0 in.
- Curb Weight: 346 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.8 gal., including 0.6-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance: 13.0 in.
- Miles Per Gallon: 52 MPG - Miles per gal. values are calculated estimates of fuel consumed during laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by the EPA, not during on road riding. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride and maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, cargo and accessories, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Available Colors: Red
- Model ID: XR650L
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resource Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards.
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.